We are off to another strong school year at St. Paul’s Academy. PALS appreciates all of the support and feedback we’ve received from parents in our school community. We have tons of volunteers for classroom support, have almost filled our room parent list, and have a FULL slate of parent reps on the PALS Operating Committee. Thank you!
We also have had a very strong start with our fundraising for the year. Between August and Mid-October our families have supported PALS in a big way:
- Over $2,500 in used uniform sales ( Thanks Liz Walker for running the uniform closet)
- Over $11,000 in SCRIP sales (Thanks to Rebecca Reddin for organizing the Scrip program)
- Walkathon has brought in $7400 so far, and we’re still receiving donations! (Thanks Jamie Langei and Suzanne Wescott-England for all of your work coordinating the Walkathon)
- $6,000 in donations from families who are “opting out” of our fundraising campaigns
- The Scholastic Book Fair earned about $2500 in credit to spend on books for our classes and libraries (Thanks Rachel Gulleson for organizing the book fair and thanks to all our volunteers who volunteerd for set-up, tear-down and check-out duties)
The proceeds from these fundraisers are already at work in our school. Chapel Guild has hosted 2 service projects so far this year, PALS paid the balance of the bill for the replacement windows at the lower school, and we’ve been able to invest in on-hand stock for our SCRIP program to make it extra-convenient for our families to support this vital fundraiser.
We still need lots of volunteers to help in many important areas!
Please contact us today if you can help with any of the following projects:
- Changing lettering on the sign boards at lower or middle/upper school each week- looking for 2-5 people who can share this task and rotate weeks
- Volunteer / Sign-Up Genius coordinator – set-up volunteer hour tracking binders at each school, oversee management of our online volunteer management program (training provided)
- Parents and Family “Knight” Out coordinators – 2-3 people to make arrangements with local restaurants and businesses to host night out activities and/or fundraisers. Work with PALS leaders to market to the school. Organize 2-4 throughout the year.
- Family Fun Night Coordinators: NEED 2,3, or more STRONG CO-CHAIRS willing to organize a small army of volunteers for the biggest PALS fundraiser of the year. Requires a major time commitment from March – May, but responsibility can be shared by 2-4 people to make it less time-intensive. Parents, PLEASE consider stepping in to help or we will not be able to run this favorite event for our kids and families!!!!
Please contact Kara or Heather C in the PALS office if you have questions or want more information. Thank you!!